Legislative Update – Marijuana Legalization
This week, we took a look at the latest developments on the drive to legalize adult-use recreational marijuana. In particular, we review progress in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Florida and Pennsylvania. You can read the full story in our blog post here.
Legislative Update: Autonomous Vehicles
Autonomous vehicles, from self-driving cars to tractor trailers, are coming to states and cities across the country. The Federal Government has yet to act on nationwide safety and development standards, so local governments are taking it upon themselves to regulate this young and growing industry. The DMGS reviews the latest developments in our blog post here.
Legislative Update: Gun Control
With changes to legislatures as a result of the 2018 midterms, a push for new gun control legislation has come to a number of states. In our blog post here, we take a look at the implications of these newly proposed and enacted measures, and consider the potential impact of an upcoming Supreme Court case.
This Week in the States
- Arizona – As tax-filing season begins, Republicans in Arizona Legislature move to add clarity
- California – California proposes slashing pot taxes to help regulated industry compete with black market
- Colorado – Governor hawks plans for schools, healthcare
- Colorado – For first time, Colorado budget writers want public input. Here’s a guide to how it works.
- Florida – Florida Senate Poised To Look At DeSantis’ Budget Plan
- Georgia – Gambling’s supporters change tactics at Georgia Legislature
- Kansas – Kansas Gov. Kelly Goes With Medicaid Expansion Plan That Almost Worked Before
- Maine – Ending gross metering a good first step for solar development
- Massachusetts – Baker Tax Plan Would Hit Firms That Make Opioid Drugs
- Michigan – Bipartisan bills: Michigan lawmakers take fresh aim at ‘dark store’ taxes
- Nebraska – Nebraska to consider crackdown on robocalls, fake numbers
- New Jersey – State Sen. Dawn Marie Addiego joins Democrats
- New York – Heastie says pot legalization may not be part of final state budget
- North Carolina – North Carolina legislative session reconvenes this week, but lasts how long?
- Pennsylvania – Wolf wants to fund infrastructure with shale tax; Republicans say nope
- Pennsylvania – Gov. Wolf seeks increase in Pa.’s minimum wage
- Tennessee – How likely is Tennessee to legalize marijuana?
- Texas – Texas lawmakers again set to weigh incentives for film, video game industries
- Utah – Gov. Gary Herbert proposes dramatic cut to Utah’s sales tax rate during annual State of the State address
- Virginia – Bills to legalize sports betting in Virginia move forward
- Washington – Washington legislators roll out school safety proposals
Duane Morris Government Strategies can provide your business or organization with the solutions it needs to track these and other developments in state capitals across the country.
To learn more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-577-3687
Categories: Politics & Elections