Legislative Update – Styrofoam Container Bans
While much of the focus in recent national conversations has been surrounding bans on single-use plastic bags, another environmentally-focused effort is being made to ban foam containers.
In our latest Legislative Update here, we review some of the current proposals and speculate as to where they may head in the upcoming weeks and months.
The Week Ahead in Washington
The House next week will look to pass a disaster aid package that includes a renewal of the National Flood Insurance Program.
Read more over at our State Capital Lobbyist Blog here.
This Week in the States
- Nevada – Assembly Democrats reverse Nevada prevailing wage law from 2015
- Washington – Tax break for electric vehicles makes a comeback in Washington state
- Texas – Texas House passes bill that reduces penalties for Texans caught with small amounts of marijuana
- Florida – Healthcare deregulation measures passed by Florida Legislature
- Arizona – Vaping industry, health groups spar over dueling bills
- Tennessee – Tennessee governor to allow sports betting without signature
- Louisiana – Lawmakers looking to boost Louisiana’s cyber defenses
- Maine – Maine becomes the first state to ban Styrofoam
- Illinois – State Senate approves constitutional shift to graduated income tax
- Minnesota – Reality Check: Where Does All The Gas Tax Money Go?
- Massachusetts – Critics blast closed-door Massachusetts state budget deliberations
- Texas – Texas Beer-to-Go Bill Passes in the House
- Louisiana – Minimum wage hike, equal pay legislation advance in Louisiana legislature
- Colorado – Democrat-led legislatures in Colorado, other states go green on energy
- Ohio – DeWine considers law changes as part of crackdown on distracted driving in Ohio
- Missouri – Highlights of $30 billion state budget passed by Missouri Senate
- Indiana – Lawmakers approve GOP budget, gambling bill
- Tennessee – What’s left for Tennessee General Assembly to do before the legislative session ends
Duane Morris Government Strategies can provide your business or organization with the solutions it needs to track these and other developments in state capitals across the country.
To learn more, please contact us at email@example.com or 609-577-3687