When discussing state legislatures, both during campaign season and during the legislative session, the term “trifecta” is often used, and can be incredibly important.
This month, we reviewed the current status of trifecta’s across the country, what that has meant in the 2019 legislative session, and in Part I, we specifically address Democratic policy priorities.
In Part II of our analysis on state trifectas, we examine similar trends on the right, looking to the states where Republicans have managed to hold on to their trifectas, and what has taken legislative priority there. We also address the potential for shifts across the country in 2020.
This Week in the States
- Oregon – Oregon Senate Standoff Continues: Could A Few Words Make A Difference?
- Nebraska – Nebraska slowly rolls out voter-approved Medicaid expansion
- New York – Bills that made it to the finish line in the frenzied last days of state legislative session
- Oklahoma – Medicaid expansion ruling puts pressure on Oklahoma’s governor, Legislature
- West Virginia – Legislative Auditor reviews Jobs Act, delegates pass bill to increase roads spending
- Missouri – Next Steps: ‘Wayfair’ internet sales tax
- California – State Legislature OKs health insurance mandate
- Texas – Texas Telecom Law Sets Up Legal Showdown for Cities, State
- Massachusetts – Hemp farmers looking for answers after Mass. says they can’t sell CBD products
- Michigan – Whitmer blasts GOP for taking ‘vacation’ without road, budget deals
- Florida – New Florida laws that go into effect July 1, 2019
- Hawaii – Hawaii Opts for Voting by Mail
- New York – Cuomo Still Undecided on Fate of E-Bikes & Scooters in NY
- New Jersey – Here’s what happens to the minimum wage in NJ starting July 1
- Maine – Maine governor signs sweeping renewable energy bills
Duane Morris Government Strategies can provide your business or organization with the solutions it needs to track these and other developments in state capitals across the country.
To learn more, please contact us at email@example.com or 609-577-3687