The War on Vaping
New Jersey legislators have put forth a call to ban flavored e-cigarettes, and potentially all vape products, due to a perceived link with the recent nation-wide spate of respiratory illnesses. Of particular concern is the potentially irreversible nature of these illnesses and the high percentage of young people impacted. Catch up on the latest in this week’s blog post here.
This Week in Washington
With the US House and Senate back in session this week, catch up on the latest news, including on a mandatory arbitration bill, drug price legislation and Senate action on a continuing resolution here.
This Week in the States
- Arizona – Backers to revise Arizona marijuana measure after review
- New York – Bill Could Make Driving In Passing Lane Illegal
- Florida – Weakened NRA may change dynamic in Tallahassee
- Wisconsin – Midwest States Take a Pass on SALT Cap Workaround Laws
- Georgia – While some agencies cut jobs and programs, others get more
- Colorado – New state law brings hope to mobile home residents
- Michigan – School Aid Budget Inches Closer Towards Final Approval
- Massachusetts – Lobster industry pinched by tariffs
- Wisconsin – Will Wisconsin follow in banning flavored e-cigarettes?
- Tennessee – State plans to test waters as 1st state to turn Medicaid into block grant
- Ohio – Legislators hold first hearings on gun legislation including “red flag” proposal
- Nebraska – With push to expand gambling, video “skill” games draw questions
- Texas – State raises sentencing for hit-and-run car accidents to equivalent of DWI manslaughter
- California – Legislature tackled big issues in 2019. Bigger fights might be coming
Duane Morris Government Strategies can provide your business or organization with the solutions it needs to track these and other developments in state capitals across the country.
To learn more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-577-3687
Categories: Politics & Elections