Offshore Wind: No Longer on the Horizon
In this week’s post here, we review the latest developments in the offshore wind energy sector in the northeast, particularly in New York and New Jersey.
The Week in Washington
Lawmakers are set to depart Washington for the next two weeks, leaving five legislative weeks before the Nov. 21 deadline. None of the fiscal 2020 spending bills have been signed into law, and appropriators must pass all 12 bills into law in those five weeks.
Catch up on this and more in this week’s post here.
This Week in the States
- Georgia – What’s The Deal With Georgia’s Proposed Budget Cuts?
- California – California’s employment law was rewritten. Many independent contractors aren’t thrilled
- Wisconsin – Lawmakers could force drivers to put down their phones
- North Carolina – Governor Cooper Vetoes Annual Regulatory Cleanup Bill
- Louisiana – Gubernatorial Candidates Face Off in First Debate of 2019
- Indiana – Young tech executive could stir governor’s race
- Pennsylvania – Gov. Tom Wolf supports legalizing recreational marijuana
- California – Bill aimed at tackling Bay Area housing crisis passes CA State Legislature
- Ohio – Supreme Court Upholds Ban On Residency Requirements For Local Projects
- Massachusetts – State bans all vaping products for 4 months
- Oregon – Most rent increases capped at 9.9% in 2020
- Virginia – Republican leaders accuse Northam of breaking deal on Medicaid work rules
- Wisconsin – Billions of dollars are at stake as Wisconsin debates whether to legalize marijuana
- Vermont – Gov. Scott says vape ban should come from Legislature
- Oklahoma – State’s attorney general joins legal fight to protect religious school options for state scholarship and voucher students
Duane Morris Government Strategies can provide your business or organization with the solutions it needs to track these and other developments in state capitals across the country.
To learn more, please contact us at email@example.com or 609-577-3687